this blog contains information for .net and sql stuffs. You can find various tips and tricks to overcome problem you may be facing in ...

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to Resolve Activate disabled Sandbox solution in SharePoint 2010

This problem mainly occurs when you start to develop sandbox solution and upload you solution to fresh SharePoint farm, if you have already developed some sandbox solution and some admin is maintaining SharePoint farm, you may never come to such problem.

Situation was, I was able to add solution to my site and I was also able to see SharePoint WSP and all was looking great, but when I was going to activate it, it didn’t seem to work and it was showing me user right tooltip, which usually comes up when we have not enough permission to access anything.





I wonder about my permission and I doubled check my permission but there was not an issue, then after checking about other problem if there could be.. but nothing was there.

After google, I found that there was issue of service named “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Sandboxed Code Service” required to start prior to activating any sandboxed solution. This service can be activated from Central admin ->System Settings ->Server -> Manage Service on Server-> Start Service Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Sandboxed Code Service start

Reference: I found that useful information here

1 comment:

Jun Chen said...

tried that still disabled....

SP2013